California’s employment law landscape is complex and constantly changing. For the unwary employer or executive, the state presents hidden traps that can unwittingly entangle them in costly and time-consuming problems.
We know that California employers and executives often require fast responses and timely solutions to difficult employment law questions. Our years of practical experience and ready familiarity with California’s sometimes-quirky statutes and common law rules enable us to quickly arrive at solutions to even the most complicated problems.
We recognize that employers and executives need not only immediate and insightful legal guidance, but practical advice as well. As a result, we partner with our clients to find real-world solutions to their employment law problems, recognizing our clients’ need to balance litigation-avoidance with aggressive pursuit, or defense, of their interests.
We provide advice on the full range of employment issues, including:
- Drafting employment-related policies and agreements
- California employment law compliance reviews
- Hiring, performance management, employee movement, and termination counseling
- Advice regarding workforce changes, including layoffs and reductions in force
- Litigation-avoidance counseling
- Workplace investigations
- Workplace training and education, including anti-harassment training
- Employee privacy counseling
- Responses to audits and claims brought by governmental agencies
- Separation negotiations and other pre-litigation advice